For more detailed information on this techology transfer, please refer to original project documents under the documents section below.
This Technology Transfer Advances Chile's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions per GDP unit by 30% below the 2007 levels by 2030. The target includes all priority sectors identified in the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory (1990-2010), including use of solvents and other products.
- Provide guidance on national policy, regulatory and legal frameworks necessary to support the adoption of low-GWP, higher-efficiency equipment
- Introduce natural refrigerant systems to Chilean market and demonstrate effectiveness in reducing ODS and GHG emissions to policy-makers and facility owners
- Improve awareness of stakeholders regarding potential refrigeration technologies and their benefits
Relevant Technologies and Approaches
- Shift to coolants and refrigerants with lower GWP
- Food preservation
- Conversion of cold storage facilities from HCFC-22 use to a natural refrigerant system
- Direct CO2e emission reductions
- Direct emission reductions (conversion of cold storage facilities from HCFC-22 use to a natural refrigerant system, direct CO2e emission reductions as a result of the activities)
- Development of good practices for compliance to product quality standards