This Technology Transfer Advances Viet Nam's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to reduce GHG emissions by 8% by 2030 compared to the Business as Usual scenario (BAU); an amount that could be increased up to 25% with international support.
Vietnam's rapid economic growth and urbanization have led to increased demand for cement for the construction and the infrastructure sectors. Cement production is a highly energy intensive production process. Based on the results of the NAMA cement project, the development of an energy savings company (ESCO) model has been identified as a force for private investment in energy efficiency measures. ESCO's services can provide technologies for energy efficiency projects, GHG emissions reduction and ensure that the energy savings involved will be able to cover the project cost over time.
Requested CTCN Response
- Review and selection of pilot site for ESCO model
- Development of feasibility study and investment report, including investment grade audit
- Technical assistance for technology transfer
- Demonstration of MRV for GHG emissions and energy efficiency
- Evaluation and introduction of the model among the whole sector
Relevant Technologies and Approaches
- GHG emission reduction through the implementation of energy saving solution
- Capacity building for potential ESCO companies
- Capacity building on Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) activities for both the cement sector and Ministry of Construction
For further information, please see the full technical assistance request in the Documents section.