This Technology Transfer Advances Iran's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to mitigate its GHGs emission in 2030 by 4% compared to the Business As Usual (BAU) scenario.
In Esfahan Steel Co. (ESCO), utilizer boilers are used for fume treatment and energy recovery of 3 converters (each 130 ton capacity). Currently,ESCOutilizer boilers cannot endure the required pressure (42 bar) to be used in a BOF blower station. The produced steam can’t be used, so usually it is purged leading toenergy and water loss. Also, existing gas cleaning plant is not efficient and the stack outlet is not acceptable. Considering the existing condition, ESCO seeks toreplace its utilizer boilers with anew fume dedusting system.
Requested CTCN Response
ESCO requests assistance in capacity building and technology transfer to:
- Recoverthe heating value of the basic oxygen furnace (BOF) gas and consuming recovered gas as a source of energy in power plant
- Reducegas emissions
- Improve safety for the ESCO's personnel
- Build capacity to design and construct theplant including the process units and utilities
- Useof chemical energy of BOF gas (or steam generation) under more controllableprocedures
Relevant Technologies and Approaches
- Higher efficiency steam boiler
- Ability to separateextremely small dust particles efficiently through electrostatic precipitators and preventing dust emission
- Recoverheat adequately for subsequent use as a fuel
- Consumption ofrecovered energy in power plant
- Reduction in GHG emissions
- Increased profits through selling power onthe global market
- Useof chemical energy of BOF gas (or steam generation) under more controllable procedure
For further information, please see the full technical assistance request in the Documents section.