This Technology Transfer Advances Jordan's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to rationalize energy consumption and efficiency in all sectors and raise awareness about the long-term financial benefits of energy efficiency. The position is that energy-efficiency measures will have a positive impact on economic growth, technology innovation and poverty reduction.
The Jordan Standards and Metrology Organization (JSMO) Energy Efficiency Laboratory is the first national governmental lighting lab in Jordan. Its purpose is to test the performance requirements and energy efficiency for different types of lamps to ensure the quality of lighting products entering into the Jordanian market. Attaining international accreditation for the JSMO Lighting Lab is necessary to ensure that the test results are reliable and trusted. However, the JSMO energy efficiency lighting lab is facing some obstacles and issues that require technical support including guidance on participation in proficiency tests, verification of test methods and uncertainty calculations.
Requested CTCN Response
- Assistance in the participation of Proficiency Tests and/or interlaboratory comparisons tests
- Professional Guidance and training on measurement uncertainty, verification of test methods and any important subjects to get accreditation
- Training on technical topics related to testing, and in the relevant lighting standards and regulations
Relevant Technologies and Approaches
- Efficient lighting
- Appliance standards
- JSMO energy efficiency lighting lab will assure the quality of its test results
- The lab personnel will be able to calculate uncertainty and to perform verification of test methods
- Getting international accreditation for JSMO energy efficiency lighting lab
- JSMO energy efficiency lighting lab will support more efficiently the enforcement and compliance with the existing lighting standards and regulations
- JSMO energy efficiency lighting lab will be a helpful tool for the transition to energy efficient lighting products, by testing lamps and prove their energy efficiency
For further information, please see the full technical assistance request in the Documents section.