CIRCE was established in 1993 as an independent Research Centre to create and develop innovative solutions and scientific/technical knowledge and to transfer them to the business sector in the field of energy. CIRCE’s mission is to drive forward improvements in energy efficiency and to spread the use of renewable energy by means of the development of R+D+I activities and formative actions, thereby contributing to a sustainable development. CIRCE has conducted more than 1600 R&D&I projects.
Network members list and profiles
- Country of registration: SpainRelation to CTCN: Network Member
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
Since 1975, KRISS has been developing measurement standards and technologies as the national metrology institute of Korea. To cope with global climate change, KRISS supports many developing countries in the fields of gas analysis, thermometry and humidity sharing related standards. KRISS develops measurement and evaluation techniques for emission inventories of GHGs, monitoring techniques for background GHG mixing ratios, and the measurement technologies of key parameters in temperature and humidity.
- Country of registration: FranceRelation to CTCN: Network Member
CO2GeoNet is a non-profit scientific Association comprising 26 research institutes spanning 19 European countries and is the independent European scientific authority dealing with all aspects of geological storage of CO2. The Association draws together more than 300 experts, researchers and postgraduate students. CO2GeoNet started as a Network of Excellence under the EC 6th Framework Programme (2004-2009) and became a non-profit scientific Association in 2008 registered under French Law.
- Country of registration: AustraliaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Human health, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Marine and Fisheries, Water
The Pacific Community SPC is the principal scientific and technical organization in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. SPC is an international development organization owned and governed by 26 country and territory members. SPC works for the well-being of Pacific people through the effective and innovative application of science and knowledge, guided by a deep understanding of Pacific island contexts and cultures.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Carbon fixation and abatement, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Waste management, Water
Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM), established in 1918 as the Geological Survey of Korea, is a government-funded Geoscience research organization where the top-notch R&D are ongoing. We endeavor to bring the innovative KIGAM strategies so that we can embrace the new KIGAM’s value and research cultures. Our ultimate goal is enhancing the quality of people's lives through science and technology which eventually contributes to the development of human society.
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
CII- Sonrabji Godrej Green Business Centre (CII Godrej GBC) was established in 2004, as the Confederation of Indian Industry's developmental institute on green practices and businesses, aimed at offering world class advidory services on conservation of natural resources. The services of the Green Business Centre include energy management, green buildings, green companies, renewable energy, GHG inventories, green product certification, waste management and cleaner production processes.
- Country of registration: ItalyRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Waste management, Water
EURAC Research is a private non-profit research centre established in 1992 in Italy. With over 400 staff members, its activities include local and international projects in cooperation with industry, government authorities and research institutes. Its focus area includes climate change adaptation and mitigation, risk and disaster management, sustainable use of natural resources, soil, water and forests, energy efficiency, sustainable development with a specific focus on agriculture, tourism and transports.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
DGIST is a research-oriented university founded by the Korean government. DGIST started as a research institute in 2004 and grew dramatically into a research-oriented university by opening MS and PhD programs in 2011 and undergraduate program in 2014. DGIST focuses its research and education activities in six areas: Emerging Materials Science, Information & Communication Eng., Robotics Eng., Energy Systems Eng., Brain Science, and New Biology.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
KICT contributes to the development of the Korean construction industry, improves quality of life standards, furthers national economic growth and improves social welfare. KICT promotes original technology in the fields of land, infrastructure and construction.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport, Water
Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) is a premier research institute that aims to improve the quality of life and to create a better future. KIST was established in 1966 as the first government-funded research institute in Korea. Since that, KIST has been on the forefront of national development. KIST's research in the field of environment and climate change focuses on clean energy and greening cities through technology.
- Country of registration: FranceRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Water
CARBONIUM is a climate finance advisory company specialised in sustainable development and climate finance since 2004. The main areas of expertise are the following: project design/formulation, economic analysis (macroeconomic and project based), market studies, project evaluation, national strategies (NDCs, etc.), climate diplomacy, trainings, advisory services for accreditation to the GCF. The company has experience in:
• renewable energies
• energy efficiency
• adaptation to climate change
• disaster risk reduction
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Waste management, Water
Korea Environmental Industry and Technology Institute KEITI is a quasi-governmental organization affiliated with the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Korea. KEITI’s core task is to establish national environmental R&D plans and to facilitate the development and commercialization of cutting-edge green technologies. With this expertise, KEITI has contributed to transferring green appropriate technologies to developing countries and provided core tools for green growth. KEITI has more than 10 years of experience in technology- based global environmental cooperation.
- Country of registration: CanadaRelation to CTCN: Network Member, Knowledge Partner
The Advanced Energy Centre (AEC) is a public-private partnership with the mission of fostering the adoption of innovative energy technologies in Canada, and leveraging those successes and experiences into international markets. The Centre is a part of MaRS Discovery District, a Canadian registered charity that operates as on of the world's largest urban innovation hubs. The AEC identifies and removes systemic barriers to the adoption of energy innovation, working with stakeholders in the energy sector to help bring innovative technologies to global markets.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Transport
Korea Railroad Research Insititute (KRRI) was established in 1996. Its main tasks are to develop new railcar and infrastructure technology such as high-speed trains (HEMU-430X), CNG-hybrid bimodal trains, wireless trams, etc. KRRI promotes the Korean railway industries through R&D on railway technology, operation and applications. KRRI has developed environmental technologies to decrease air pollution, noise and carbon footprint and to increase energy savings.
- Relation to CTCN: Network Member
Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology (KIAT) is a public body under the Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, and its role is to fund industrial technology development both domestically and internationally. KIAT manages Korea's Industrial Technology Official Development Assistance's (ODA) budget and partners with developing countries around the world providing climate change related technology transfer.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport, Waste management, Water
SUNJIN Engineering and Architecture co. Ltd is a multi-disciplinary consultant company located in South Korea, founded in 1975. The firm is made up of over 750 specialists working across the disciplines of Feasibility Studies, Technical Assistance Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management etc. SUNJIN E&A is able to work with a range of projects within the field of Environment, Waterworks, Urban planning, Roads & Traffic and Architecture.
- Country of registration: South AfricaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
SSR Green Holdings (Pty) Ltd is a waste management and recycling company that caters for all recyclable materials in a society. The company has been participating in the East London Industrial Development Zone’s (ELIDZ) Small Medium Enterprise Development Programme (SMEDP) and in its ZonePilot project.
- Country of registration: IndiaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
FICCI is the largest and oldest apex business organization in India established in 1927 as not for-profit organization and it has its presence through nation-wide membership of corporates and chambers of commerce & business association. The Technical services division of FICCI (RCM & FQF) undertakes consultancy studies and capacity building activities in the fields of environment, energy, and water management & quality areas, including macro & micro level studies leading to policy formulation & implementation.
- Country of registration: AustriaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture, Agriculture and forestry, Coastal zones, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Forestry, Human health, Industry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Marine and Fisheries, Transport, Waste management, Water
Umweltbundesamt GmbH is a government owned company which acts as the national agency for environmental protection and environmental control. The main tasks of the Agency are:
- Assessment of the state of the environment and of its changes and trends
- Development of measures to avoid/reduce environmental impacts
- Planning and implementation of environmental policy decisions and enforcement of laws
- Analysis of environmental pollutants
- Environmental reporting (incl. GHG and AP)
- Country of registration: HondurasRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Waste management, Water
The National Cleaner Production Centre of Honduras CNP+LH was established in the year 2000 as an initiative of the Honduran Business Council for Sustainable Development (CEHDES), which was supported by the Fund for Environmental Management Honduras- Canada (FMMAHC) with the additional support of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Cortes. Currently the HNCPC is an independent association and a technical partner of FUNDAHRSE (Honduran Foundation for Corporate Social Responsibility).