Pöyry Austria GmbH, a member of the global Pöyry Group, is a consulting and engineering company with deep expertise with extensive local knowledge to deliver sustainable project investments. For instance, its Hydro Consulting department delivers services in the fields of hydrological and hydraulic modellingand forecasting. Its experts have significant experience in the fields of hydro-meteorology, climate change and climate sensitivity. They also contribute to assess climate risk and ctimate adaptation measures for hydropower and all other sectors of water management.
Network members list and profiles
- Country of registration: AustriaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
- Country of registration: AustriaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Infrastructure and Urban planning, Water, Human health, Waste management, Agriculture and forestry, Early warning and Environmental assessment
GWCC INTERIVAL ZT GmbH (GWCC) is a consulting company based in Vienna (part of the Austrian Consulting Group ROHRHOFER & Partner). GWCC has a long experience (since 1984) in the fields of Infrastructure Development, Management, Institutional Strengthening in the field of Water, Waste Water and Waste Management in Austria, CEE,CIS, FUS countries. Climate related projects are mainly conducted in various regions of Austria,e.g.flood risk mapping & planning of flood mitigation measures.
- Country of registration: ItalyRelation to CTCN: Network Member
University of Florence traces its origins to the Studium established in 1321.UNIFI applies to CTN with its Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (DICEA) which researches climate change in relation to transport, infrastructure and mobility.There is a team dedicated to mobility which has 20 years experience coordinating international research projects.
- Country of registration: CanadaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
HabitatSeven is a design and technology development agency specializing in producing digital communication tools, websites and data driven applications for climate science and climate policy based organizations. Their team combines graduate level experts in the area of climate change with top designers and developers. HabitatSeven has built award winning, open-source delivery mechanisms, visualization engines and data services specifically focused on delivering climate data.
- Country of registration: United StatesRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Energy efficiency, Waste management, Agriculture, Renewable energy, Transport, Early warning and Environmental assessment
Incorporated in 2015, Tambourine Innovation Ventures (TIV) is an innovation advisory and venture development firm that provides a full suite of services and solutions to the challenges and needs generated by the increasing interest and activity globally in the areas of climate change adaptation/mitigation, innovation, technology transfer and venture finance. TIV founders and consultants bring more than three decades of experience in assisting the developing countries access innovative technologies from the industrialized countries and grow technology ventures.
- Country of registration: ChileRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Sud-Austral Consulting S.p.A.is a consulting company created through individual and collective experience of its members, after recurring mutual collaboration for several years it was consolidated in early 2012 in the creation of a consulting entity formally established. The experience of professionals and technicians of Sud-Austral Consulting S.p.A.has resulted in consulting services in projects developed by governments, public and private institutions, both in Chile, South and Central America.
- Country of registration: United StatesRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Wildlife Conservation Society is a global non-profit organization with over 120 years of experience in biodiversity conservation. WCS team have expertise on technology solutions like climate scenarios projection for biodiversity adaptation,mitigate emissions of forest carbon, guide climate-smart development planning, and develop solutions that create social and economic resilience to climate change.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
SUEZ provides services and solutions to international clients in order to address resource recovery and protection focusing on water, recycling, waste recovery, treatment solutions and consultancy services. AQUATEC belongs to the water energy technology branch of SUEZ. It provides consultancy services, expertise in setting up integral projects and implementation support for advanced solutions for optimising water cycle processes.
- Country of registration: ChileRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
PUCV has expertise in the areas of clean production, sustainable development, mitigation technologies and renewable energy project design and implementation. They have participated in the TRITON (Industrial Water Treatment and Recycling) Network made up by 8 Ibero American countries (Spain, Portugal, Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Nicaragua, Colombia and Chile), in the Agora Partnerships Network and in the CompiteMAS® Program, where it was one of the four awardees of the Pathways to Prosperity Innovation Challenge Award, promoted and funded by the USA State Department.
- Country of registration: JapanRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Deloitte Tohmatsu Financial Advisory LLC (DTFA) is the financial advisory member of Deloitte Japan. The International Development Advisory (IDA) business is placed within the I&CP Group of DTFA and provides holistic development advisory, including on climate technologies, to governments, development agencies, and private businesses in developing countries. Utilizing Deloitte's global network and knowhow, as well as the company's financial advisory capacity, DTFA aims to provide tailor-made services to fit the sophisticated needs of their diverse clients.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Gómez-Acebo & Pombo (GA_P) is an Iberian Law Firm located in Spain, USA, UK, Portugal and Belgium. Their legal team is well-versed in areas of private and public law and is fully accustomed to working with experts from other fields, building multidisciplinary teams to offer well tailored solutions. GA_P has provided legal assessment in developing countries (especially in Latin America) with respect to a wide variety of activities.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Idom is an international multidisciplinary firm working with independent professional services in the fields of engineering, consulting and architecture with over 3,000 professionals, located in 40 permanent offices distributed in over 28 countries. Idom's capabilities include engineering and consultancy services from concept design to decommission in climate relevant fields such as renewable and alternative energy, water and waste. The team of Idom aims at carbon accounting related projects and climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies.
- Country of registration: GermanyRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Coastal zones, Agriculture and forestry, Water, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht-Zentrum für Material-und Küstenforschung GmbH (HZG) is one of 18 members of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres Germany's largest science organization. One of HZG's scientific organizational entities is the Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS), a think tank for innovations in the field of climate services.
- Country of registration: SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN: Network Member
The Institut International de l'Écologie Industrielle et de l'Économie Verte is an establishment of reflection, research and practice of industrial ecology. The Institute has an engineering division and an expertise cluster, which enables the Institute to identify new technologies linked to industrial ecology and to advise through a specific methodology adapted to local contexts. The project managers work on the practical execution of mandates and on the implementation of the industrial ecology with a particular attention to Switzerland and developing countries.
- Country of registration: Republic of KoreaRelation to CTCN: Network Member
Sea & River Technology (S&R) has participated in development projects of major harbours, ports and designing measures for coastal erosion areas in Korea such as coastal defense facilities. S&R has taken part in different overseas projects related to ports and coastal power plants.
- Relation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Early warning and Environmental assessment, Coastal zones, Water, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Agriculture and forestry
GlobalCAD is formed by a group of international experts specialized in fields related to human and sustainable development. They provide technical and strategic advice, research and capacity building to international organizations, governments, NGOs and private sector organizations worldwide.
- Country of registration: Republic of KoreaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Agriculture, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Water
APCC is a organization that catalyzes climate information-based solutions through three interconnected pillars of work: climate prediction and information services; climate information application and climate change response; and capacity building. APC freely provides value-added, reliable, and timely climate prediction, while serving as a key climate information center to distribute climate data, prediction and related tools, in order to bridge technology gaps globally.
- Country of registration: ChinaRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Agriculture and forestry, Carbon fixation and abatement, Early warning and Environmental assessment, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Industry, Infrastructure and Urban planning, Transport, Water
Taiwan Research Institute (TRI) was established in 1994 by a group of leading members of the business community in Taiwan. TRI dedicates itself to the general public as a non-partisan specialized think tank. TRI aims to deepen the foundation of Taiwan's development, to nurture an environment conducive to sustainable economic growth, to raise the living standards of the people and to encourage technological innovation.
- Country of registration: ZimbabweRelation to CTCN: Network MemberSector(s) of expertise: Infrastructure and Urban planning, Water, Agriculture and forestry, Industry
Ali-Douglas Research Network is a non-profit, social science research network that aims at promoting information creation and sharing amongst Southern African institutions. The vision of the network is to be a leader in knowledge creation for social transformation. The network provides platform for researchers to interact and share ideas thereby building on social capital. This platform allows for unified efforts in the creation and dissemination of quality information for the benefit of society.
- Country of registration: Viet NamRelation to CTCN: Network Member
IMHEN has been involved in a large number of studies covering both basic and theoretical research, as well as scientific and technological applications. IMHEN's climate related studies include: climate change processes and modelling, Southeast Asian Monsoon, climate change and sea level rise scenarios, climate change impact assessments, climate risk reduction studies, mainstreaming climate change into policies and development.