Efficacitas Consulting was founded in 1994 with the mission to work for sustainable resource management throughout Latin America, providing consulting services in energy, environment and sustainable development. Efficacitas fulfils its mission with professional competence and ethics by providing technical assistance, driven by excellence and innovation, to companies, governmental and nongovernmental organizations involved in natural resource management and conservation.
Early Warning and Environmental Assesment
Early Warning and Environmental Assesment
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:EcuadorRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Lavola has more than 35 years’ experience in sustainability services. The company is specialized in:
- Consultancy in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (including engineering), Carbon footprint, Climate Change mitigation and adaptation, Life Cycle analysis, Social Responsibility and Sustainable Urban and Regional Development.
- Sustainable Development Communication
- Sustainable Development Education including programmes, learning materials, activities and Management of centres.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
GRID-Arendal is a Norwegian foundation that supports the United Nations Environment Programme. It is a centre of excellence for the scientific analysis of environmental issues in many areas including environmental assessments, ocean issues and polar regions.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CONSULAQUA Hamburg is a 100% subsidiary of HAMBURG WASSER, Northern Germany's largest public water supply and wastewater disposal company, and provides advanced expertise and long term experience for all kinds of capacity development challenges, consultancy and engineering tasks in the water sector. The services of services CONSULAQUA Hamburg include assessment missions, capacity development initiatives (training, planning, engineering, etc.) and consulting services in the fields of operation and maintenance, water supply, wastewater management and water resources management.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Science and Technology Policy Institute have served as a top think tank in science and technology. Ranked top 16 in the 2015 Global Think Tank Rankings, STEPI guides the development of the national policy agenda and leads foresight research in Korea. STEPI has been designated as the implementing agency for science, technology, and innovation ODA by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources IUCN's mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Pöyry Austria GmbH, a member of the global Pöyry Group, is a consulting and engineering company with deep expertise with extensive local knowledge to deliver sustainable project investments. For instance, its Hydro Consulting department delivers services in the fields of hydrological and hydraulic modellingand forecasting. Its experts have significant experience in the fields of hydro-meteorology, climate change and climate sensitivity. They also contribute to assess climate risk and ctimate adaptation measures for hydropower and all other sectors of water management.
Background: This light-weight hand-held mechanical microfluidic device is designed to perform complex protocols in low resource settings without a power source or external control element. Developed by researchers in Prof. Manu Prakash’s laboratory the system uses an interchangeable punch card tape to both pump the fluid and direct its flow. This general purpose technology can be used in single phase and multi-phase microfluidics for diagnostic medical device or environmental monitoring applications.
Robust Biological and Chemical Detection Method and Microfluidic Device with Liquid Crystal Sensing ElementType:ProductTechnology:
Background: Detecting chemical and biological agents at low levels is important in military applications drug enforcement airport security and environmental monitoring. A variety of devices and methods currently are employed for this purpose. For example gas chromatography has been implemented widely into airport security since 2001 for chemical detection of explosives and nucleic acid detection methods have been employed by U.N. officials to identify biological weapons.
Background: Threats to drinking water supplies from industrial and biochemical pollutants have created the need for rapid on-site tools that detect and analyze trace contaminants in water. Current protocols for assessing water quality typically require transport of water samples to a laboratory for analysis with a plasma spectrometer. In plasma spectroscopy a water sample is sprayed into a high-frequency RF inductively-coupled plasma.