SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago. SNV helps people overcome poverty in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America by enabling access to thetools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works in three key sectors - Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH - and in the cross cutting themes of lnclusive Business, REDD+ and Climate Smart Agriculture.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
GRID-Arendal is a Norwegian foundation that supports the United Nations Environment Programme. It is a centre of excellence for the scientific analysis of environmental issues in many areas including environmental assessments, ocean issues and polar regions.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources IUCN's mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:BangladeshRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Bangladesh Centre for Advanced studies (BCAS) is an independent, non-government, non-profit, research and policy institute institution established in 1986 with the mission to provide guidance and practical solutions to promote sustainable development, eradicate poverty, improve access of the poor to resources and ensure social justice. It specializes in policy analysis, action research and project implementation for sustainable development at local, national, regional and global levels.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IsraelRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Natural Resources and Environmental Research Center (NRERC), University of Haifa is a resaerch and academic institution established in 1985 with the mission to carry out interdisciplinary research in the area of natural resource and environmental resource management, pioneering this academic research field in Israel. NRERC is chosen, by the Israeli Ministry of Environmental Protection, to lead "The Israeli Center for Climate Change" (ICCIC).
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:IndiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
UDYAMA is a non-governmental organization established in 1997 with the mission to linking people together to work on rights based approach for collective actions towards reducing disaster risk (Natural, Climate and Manmade) and achieving livelihood, social justice and gender rights, equitable and sustainable development.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE is a research and development organization established in 2009. The Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE is committed to promoting sustainable, economic, safe and socially just energy supply systems based on renewable energies. Its research provides the technological foundations for supplying energy efficiently and on an environmentally sound basis in industrialized, threshold and developing countries throughout the world.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Epsilon Innovation Group Inc. is a private sector organization established with the mission to help client make an informed decision in complex climate change, energy, environment, and technology and policy issues.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:PakistanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
LEAD Pakistan is a premier and an internationally recognized non‐profit organization, working to create and sustain a global network of leaders committed to promote change towards patterns of economic development that are environmentally sustainable and socially equitable. LEAD Pakistan’s mission is to create, strengthen and support networks of people and institutions.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
IRD - Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (Research Institute for Development) - is a research organization based in France that is working with its partners in the South to address international development issues. Improving health, understanding social changes, and protecting the environment are the main pillars of its work towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). IRD work includes interdisciplinary scientific research, capacity building and nurturing innovation in more than fifty countries worldwide.